How Brainwashing Process Works
The below excerpts from a PPT on the [International Baccalaureate] Learner Profile smacks of the “process of thought control called sensitivity training” that has been around for many decades.
[IB] The Learner Profile
A shared set of values or division by a common language?
by Derek Pinchbeck & Elizabeth Solomon
Excerpt from Slide 18:
Stages of Intercultural Sensitivity
1) Denial: Does not recognize cultural differences.
2) Defense: Recognizes some differences, but sees them as negative.
3) Minimization: Unaware of projection of own cultural values; sees own values as superior
4) Acceptance: Shifts perspectives to understand that the same “ordinary” behavior can have different meanings in different cultures.
5) Adaptation: Can evaluate other’s behavior from their frame of reference and can adapt behavior to fit the norms of a different culture.6) Integration: Can shift frame of reference and also deal with resulting identity issues
6) Integration: Can shift frame of reference and also deal with resulting identity issues
More Reference: Niwa on Social Engineering